Creation of a collaborative environment based on the operating principles of social networks (Plataforma Green Open Innovation) that allow the interaction and spontaneous generation of initiatives between SMEs and large enterprises, focused on the paradigms of Open Innovation and supported by the relation standards of Web 2.0.
This project is co-funded by the Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad and the Fondo Europeo de Desarrollo Regional as part of the 2010 call, through the INNPACTO sub-programme, within the Articulación e Internacionalización del Sistema instrumental line, under the Plan Nacional de Investigación Científica, Desarrollo e Innovación Tecnológica, 2008-2011.
This platform pretends to develop a real process of generation, acquisition, management and transfer of ideas originated in SMEs and micro-enterprises to detect oppotunities of improvement and new business projects.
- Develop a vertical taxonomy/ontology for a domain of knowledge as broad as environment and Innovation. Within the framework of the Green IDi, the ontology represents the semantic structure that relates the different entities of the platform (enterprises, projects, technologies, trends, etc.) with the aim of identifying non-obvious relations among them. For the automatic development of this taxonomy, ideas and technologies derived from Open Knowledge are being studied, classical techniques of semantic web: description logics and conventional languages and tools (OWL, Protegé). For the extensions of ontologies, folksonomy techniques and eventually Bayesian textual analysis will be used.
- Obtain a methodology for the generation of domain ontologies, after the capture of semantic relations through algorithmic techniques. We are studying horizontal taxonomy generation techniques, characterized by representing different and broad knowledge domains.
- Develop a system to capture collective knowledge (crowdsourcing). We will investigate reverse acquisition methodologies. That is, at present the existing crowdsourcing experiences generally have a surfer-directional platform, therefore the user is the active agent. In this case it is proposed to investigate the active capture of knowledge from the platform, by means of crawling systems sensitive to semantic content.
- Research of search systems, recommendation and visualization of results that allow identifying synergies and affinities between the different entities (companies, products, problems…). We are researching on RIA (advanced systems for the representation of the contents of the platform, designed to generate visualizations of complex environments, allowing users to explore relationships not evident with graphics systems). Creation of a set of standards for RIA content and Augmented Reality in order to encapsulate and distribute easily between SMEs definitions of joint projects and RDI ideas.
- Research on e-Agreement systems: within the framework of collaboration between companies that will be offered on the platform, we propose to investigate the development of agreements and assisted negotiation management systems.
Generation of business opportunities for SMEs in an Open Innovation environment, by using an e-Agreement platform.
The project finishes in 2013.
- CSIC Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas
- BDigital Barcelona Digital Technology Centre
- UOC Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- CETaqua Centro Tecnológico del Agua